Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Donnerstag, 15. September 2016

Colorful Travel Journal

Hello all, welcome to my blog!
Here is my second project for the challenge "Travel" over at Country View Challenges this month.
Last month I showed you my art journal pages, prepared with leftover paints from another project. I promised, to show you the project, where I used the paints. 
As you may know, I am an adventurer at Wanderlust 2016. One of the very first classes was the one from Kate Crane and I utterly enjoyed her work and wanted to try it out, but as you all may know, some things need a little time.

In July a dear friend of mine celebrated her birthday and I knew, that she wanted to go to Danmark for some weeks. So this was a very good reason to make this travel journal as her birthday gift!


I made this little journal after the class of Kate Crane, so I can´t tell you too much about the making of and the techniques, but I´ll show you the close up photos from all the pages - front and back. So grab a cup of coffee, there are a couple of pictures ;-)

The front and the back are made from a canvas covred greyboard, steciled with modeling paste and painted. The butterflies are highlighted with some pink Inka Gold.



The first pages:
much painting, stamping making marks and doodling




The next pages:
The same techniques, but here are some other patterns.




 At the right page there is a little pocket. I inserted some stamped tags, where one can write some important things, glue tickets, ..... whatever


The third pages:




 The back pages:


Here are some blank pages in the middle for some writing. I used my sewing machine. 



That´s my little Travel Journal! I hope you liked it, I had so much fun making it and it definitely won´t be my last one.

Thank you so much for dropping in here today and may be you find time to participate in our Travel Challenge this month!

 I will join in following challenges:



8 Kommentare:

  1. This is fabulous Evelyn, I love the bright, colourful pages with all the layering of stamps and stencils. I bet your friend loves your beautiful gift to her xxx

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Funny we both thought about a travel journal! Yours is definitely Mixed Media, colourful and full of interest. Great project, your friend will be pleased!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. This is brilliant, I really enjoyed this class of Kate's too. I love all of the layers and colours xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. so artsy!!! Bright and cheerful colors!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Very nice Everyn! Love the design and what lovely colors!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Ein Feuerwerk aus schönen Farben und Mustern, sieht richtig fröhlich aus. Gefällt mir sehr, denke das kommt gut an bei deiner Freundin.
    Liebe Grüße und einen schönen Herbst.
    Sabine

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. WOW! This is wild and free and oh so fun! Hugs, Autumn

    AntwortenLöschen