Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Montag, 1. Juni 2020

Beautiful Poppy Flowers!




 Hello and welcome to June!

As always there is a new challenge over at Country View Challenges and  the theme is "Summer Fields".I made a art journal double page with poppies in my own colors.

Summer is coming soon now and you can seewonderful flowers everywhere. One of my favourite flowers are poppies. They are so aery, light and bright with wonderful vibrant colors. The smaller ones are blooming in the fields now, the bigger ones are not blooming yet, but I look every day in my garden, when they start blooming.


I used the beautiful flower stamp from StudioLight, the Signature Collection art by Marlene, and stamped the poppy flowers onto my pages and added the stems and leaves. I colored everything with my Derwent Inktense pencils and activated them with water. When I was done with it, I added some shading and highlights with a white posca pen and a stabilo all pencil.



The background is simply painted with watery blue watercolor and when dry I took some stencils from Shawn Petite, using Distress Ink mermaid lagoon and black Archival Ink and added some texture to the background.
Now I only had to put on some words from the Tim Holtz Big Chat and that´s it!




I hope you liked my poppies and feel inspire to make your own summer fields for our challenge! You can win a 20 £ voucher for the shop!
Thank you for your visit and have a wonderful week!

6 Kommentare:

  1. Love your poppies ! Have a fab June !
    Corrie x

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Love how your colouring of the flowers, lovely shading! Have a great week, Evelyn!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. This is gorgeous Evelyn, such beautiful stamps and colouring. Have a very happy June, Sue xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Fabulous journal pages, Evelyn!!! I love the background and the vibrant purple poppies!!! Happy June!!! xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Beautiful journal page - perfect for summer!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Such lovely pages I love poppies and yours are beautiful xx

    AntwortenLöschen