Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Donnerstag, 3. September 2020

ART is the only way ....

Hello my friends,

I am back with my second project for the September challenge at Country View Challenges.

The theme is: Complementary Colours.

This time I made another journal page and I chose magenta and green as my colours.


 I have a little sketch pad, on which I try out some things from time to time. I drew a autumn anemone from my garden some days ago and colored them in with watercolors.


I took this painting and photocopied it onto tissue paper. A little hint: adhere the tissue paper with washi tape on a normal copy paper, so your printer can take the tissue paper without any problems!


I glued down the tissue paper with matte medium,....


...added crackle paint randomly to the page and let it dry.


I colored the background with some watercolor (which was not that easy, bacause of the matte medium the color could not stick to the page), colored the anemones with polycromos color pencils from Faber-Castell, matted a finnabair sticker (words you need) onto colored cheesecloth and adhered it to the page. 

Now I only went with black archival ink around the edges - and that´s it!

I hope you like it and feel inspired to join in with our challenge this month! You can win a 20 £ voucher to spend in the shop!

Thank you for your visit today!

2 Kommentare:

  1. Lovely painting Evelyn! Good idea to produce your own paper too... Are you using an inkjet printer? I wondered if the ink would run when applying the wet matte medium. Have a great weekend!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. This is fabulous Evelyn, I love the patches of crackle against the delicate tissue paper. Take care, Sue xx

    AntwortenLöschen