Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Donnerstag, 1. Juni 2023

Art Journal Page "Be You"

Hello and happy June!

For the new challenge over at Country View Challenges with the theme "Vintage" I made an art journal page.


This is what I did:

(I apologise for the bad quality of the pictures, I guess I had bad light)

I wanted to try out the faux bleeching technique, which Tim Holtz showed in one of his lives.

I prepared my pages with some snippets of old bookpages to cover some paint and then I spreat white Gesso over the whole page and let it dry.

Now I took DO speckled egg, salvaged patina and uncharted mariner and blended the colours from light to dark from the top of the page downwards. I used a blending brush.


Time for stamping!
I used  one of the floral trims stamps and Versafine  onyx black ink and stamped around the pages.



Now I used a waterbrush and lifted some of the DO ink to "bleech" the florals. The result is sooo amazing!



I prepared another piece of paper, stamped the floral trim again, "bleeched" the flowers and cut them out.



I chose one of the paper dolls Portraits, put some foam pads to it´s back and glued it to the page. The fuzzycut flowers I glued around the portrait. Now I only had to glue down the saying (TH label stickers "thoughts"). 


Here are some close ups:






I hope you like my pages as much as I do and feel inspired to make something vintage for our challenge this month. As always you can win a 20£ voucher for the shop!

Thank you for your visit!

3 Kommentare:

  1. Lovely idea for a double page, the flowers look beautiful Evelyn! x

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. This is absolutely beautiful Evelyn xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Beautiful pages! I love how you used that new Tim Holtz stamp set and how you captured Vintage - amazing 😊. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    AntwortenLöschen