Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Samstag, 1. September 2018

DIY Travel Note Book for Country View Challenges

Hello dear visitors, nice to have you here!

While you are reading this post, I am still on vacancy with my daughter in the USA.... or may be we are in Canada right now? 😀

What a big adventure and a big, big dream coming true!
We are travelling three weeks from New York, the coast up to Quebeck over Montreal and Toronto to the Niagara Falls and then back to New York before we go home again.
Wow! I can´t believe it! I´m writing this one day before we start, I´m so excited!

Well, I needed a Travel Note Book - of course we want to see as much as possible and I don´t want to forget anything! So I made this.
Fitting to the September challenge over at Country View Challenges "Planes, Trains, Automobiles", hosted by the lovely Miriam, I decorated the cover with a plane and a shrinked stamped Automobile.


Today I don´t have steps or a video for you - I had no time, sorry!

I made this book some time ago, but I measured the cover wrong and I didn´t like the paper I covered it, so I took it and changed the look.
This is what it looked before:


Well, pretty, but...

I took some papers from the Tim Holtz Correspondece Paper Pad and made the cover new.



← Front




             Back →


 ← Front inside






Back inside →






I added some checkered paper to the binded notebook to have more space for more notes, e.g. expenditure, notes, ...


I played with some mists, crackle paste through a stencil and stamps, stamped the title, fuzzy cut the aeroplane and put everything together. 


Then I added a eyelet and threaded a leather string through.



←front





back →









Here are some close ups:







 The inside I will show you, when I am back - hopefully filled with beautiful memories, so stay tuned!
Well, meanwhile I hope, you will find the time join in with our challenge this month, so that I´ll get to see some pretty makes from you when I come home!

Thank you for your visit today and have a good time.

9 Kommentare:

  1. Gorgeous travel book, Evelyn!!! Perfect place for keeping your lovely memories!!! Big hugs

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Fabulous book ! Hope you are enjoying your travels !
    Corrie x

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. The cover is fab, but I can't wait to see the inside!!! Good journey back home, Evelyn!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. awesome journal Evelyn - I suspect you are enjoying filling it! Huge hugs rachel xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. What a fabulous notebook.... Just perfect

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. That is a fabulous travel journal Evelyn. Hope you are having a fantastic trip. Hugs-Erika

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. This is wonderful Evelyn, I can't wait to see what you put in it! Hope you're having a wonderful holiday, Sue xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Sounds like you've been having a truly amazing adventure - and what a wonderful travel journal to record all those once-in-a-lifetime memories.
    Alison x

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Wow, what an amazing travel notebook! I love the cover and pages that you created and I bet you are having great fun creating those fabulous memories to fill it 😁. Happy travels! J 😊 x

    AntwortenLöschen