Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Dienstag, 15. Oktober 2019

Create Magic - Mixed Media Canvas

Hello all,
today I want present you my make for Bleeding Art, where I was invited as their guest this month. 
I was the winner of the August challenge with this art journal page.

I decided to make a little canvas for the Anything Goes theme.


In September I took part in a workshop with the wonderful Anna Dabrovska (finnabair) in Munich. I enjoyed the workshop very much and I wanted to make something like in the workshop, so I decided to make this canvas in the "finnabair-way".

Here are the canvas and the notebook, I made in the workshop:


And this is how I made the canvas:

 I started with a blank canvas and first gave it a coat of white Gesso. Then, when dry, I added some white crackle paint here and there.

I glued down many embellishments, some made out of Prima moulds, some metal embellishments, flowers, lace, chipboard, .......and much more! When everything was dry and stayed save in place, I went over with white Gesso.

Then I added color, liquid acrylics from finnabair in Purple and Magenta, then I dry brushed the surface until I was happy, added some shine with finnabair Metallic Acrylic Paint White Pearl. Some waxpaste was added here and there, Rust Paste, hot glue stripes, art pebbles sugar and some splatters with black Gesso. Last I added some words from Tim Holtz Big Chat. 


Now I hope you like my canvas and feel inspired!
Thank you for your visit!

3 Kommentare:

  1. Evelyn this is a beautiful canvas, gorgeous colour palette & easy to follow instructions. Thank you for sharing & congratulations on being first designer for Bleeding Art, you have certainly inspired me to create another canvas!
    Salty kisses
    Jane 🌴

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. An amazing project for Bleeding Art, Evelyn - I love the Finnabair style 3D collaging, and you've created a beautiful composition with really lovely colours.
    Alison x

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. An amazing project for Bleeding Art, Evelyn - I love the Finnabair style 3D collaging, and you've created a beautiful composition with really lovely colours.
    Alison x

    AntwortenLöschen