Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Sonntag, 8. Januar 2023

Notepad Holder with Pocket Watch

 Hello again, I hope the new year has started good so far!

For my second project for the January challenge at Country View Challenges I decided to make a little notepad holder - and of course there is a clock, in this case it is a pocket watch.



For this year my resolution is to use more of my older stuff, which is sitting in my cupboards for a long time. So for this little notebook holder I used some older cardstock and a lot of ephemera.

First I measured the cardboard - I used some leftover packaging - slightly bigger than my notepad. I binded two of them with black bookbinding linen to a little book. Then I covered it with some cardstock from my stash, I haven´t used for years. The inside I covered with fitting monochrome cardstock.

To decorate the front, I first used a stencil with Pentart Deluxe paste and let it dry. Then I took some very old ephemera (from Tim Holtz and BoBunny) and arranged the focal point. I surrounded some of the pieces with brown brushmarker, added some random stamping with a Seth Apter mini stamp from PaperArtsy Eclectica. I stamped it with VersaFine Clair Pinecone ink.
To frame the page I distressed the edges with DI ground espresso, I also did this at the back.

To keep the notepad holder closed, I secured a elastic band with a eyelet on the back and sew a cardboard button (BoBunny) to the front. 

To hold the notepad in place, I attached a rubber band with a stapler to the back.
Here are some more pictures:






I hope you like my little notepad holder!

Now I want to see some projects for the "Time" challenge from you!

Like last year you can win a 20£ voucher for the shop! But please don´t forget to read the rules!

Thank you for your visit today and have a great week!

1 Kommentar:

  1. This is beautiful Evelyn! I'm with you too on the using of the old stash. I have so much 'stuff' and I love it all so I really need to use it! Take care and have a very happy week, Sue xx

    AntwortenLöschen