Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Donnerstag, 1. Juli 2021

Card for a Man

 Hello all, nice to have you here!

For the new month we have a new challenge over at Country View Challenges. This time the theme is "Use a stencil or two...".

I love to use stencils very much and I guess I use them in nearly all my artwork.

To add texture with a stencil changes the whole look of a piece and they are so very versatile in their use.

For my first piece I decided to make a card for a man.


This is what I did:
I took a piece of watercolor paper and sprayed it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in a light grey.
I put the stencil Lattice Work form Tim on top of the wet paint, sprayed a little bit more and left it to dry.


When it was dry, I removed the stencil and it looked like this.

The stencil was still wet, so i placed it on another piece of paper. I will use it for a second card.


To get rid of the "frame" I spreat Distress Inks ground espresso and black soot around it with a distressing tool and a sponge.


Time for a second stencil. I used the Numeric stencil from Tim, also one of my favourites, with Distress Oxide mermaid lagoon.


To make the numbers stand out more, I surrounded some of them with a white posca pen.


For some more marks I used the third stencil, again a Tim one, called Stitched Layering, with Distress Oxide crackling campfire. It´s not visible very much, but it adds a subtile texture and a hint of color.


To finish the background, I sprinkled some white paint on top.

I stamped my image and the sign, colored all, layered them and glued them on top of my background. Last I glued everything on top of a card and embellished the card with some flowers and a bow.



Now it´s ypir turn to make something with a stencil! As always you can win a 20£ voucher for the shop.

Thank you for your visit today!

8 Kommentare:

  1. Fabulous card! The design looks amazing and I love how you layered the stencils - perfect 😀. Thanks for the inspiration and Happy July! Hugs, Jo x

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Love it Evelyn ! Have a happy July ! Corrie x

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Love the composition, Evelyn! Brilliant make.
    I hope you have a great month. x

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. This is so lovely, you can't go wrong with these colours can you! Take care and have a very happy month, Sue xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I love how you mixed the different stencils to create that background is fabulous Evelyn, i also love how grungy it is, (my kind of background lol). The focal point is just perfect too. Hugs Debsxx

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Fantastic masculine card, Evelyn!!! That's amazing that you used 3 different stencils in your project!!! They all look fabulous on your card!!! Have a happy July!!! xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Fabulous process, makes for a superb background for your card. Stencils give us so many opportunities to use and create. Magnificent creation thank you for sharing.
    Tracey x

    AntwortenLöschen