Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Mittwoch, 1. September 2021

Autumn - Art Journal Page

 Hello and happy September!

Unbelievable - it´s the first of September, where has the summer gone?

As always at the first of a month, it is time for a new challenge over at Country View Challenges. This month the theme is: Leaves begin to fall, hosted by the lovely Jane. She says:  Use leaves as background or the main focal of your project.

 Leaves must be the main feature, no "token" leaf added!!

So I made an art journal page.


This is what I did:

First I sprayed a watercolor paper with various mists in autumnal colors. 

I used Glimmer Mists and Glimmer Mists from Lindy´s Stamp Gang.



My background I prepared with Gesso and then I used a stencil and heavy Gesso to create some texture. When dry, I colored it with grey Ecoline liquid watercolor and added a hint of turquoise blue and light green Ecoline liquid watercolor. For some shine I dabbed some Extreme Sheen metalic paint 24K Gold from DecoArt.
For more interest I did some stamping. I used an old BoBunny stamp called It´s Written with Versa Fine Clair Morning Mist and some subtile stamping with an old border stamp, I guess it´s from Kaiserkraft, with DI speckled egg here and there.

Next I did some die cutting with the beautiful sizzix thinlits called fall foliage by Tim Holtz. I used the colored watercolor paper. I used some squeezed lemonade DO on some of the leaves and distressed the edges with DI walnut stain. Then I glued them all down, some with foam squares for some hight.

...oh, and did you discover the little elves? They were a freebe from Astrid McLean in 2020. They are absolutely lovely. 

Here are some more pictures:




I wrote the word "Herbst" (autumn) into one of the bigger leaves.

Here the first elve.

....and here the second one, hidden between the leaves.




Now it´s your turn to make something beautiful with falling leaves! You can win a 20 £ voucher for the shop!

Thank you for your visit today.

9 Kommentare:

  1. Wow i love this so much!, the leaves look fabulous on the backgrounds of grey and cream, creating a wonderful contrast. Hugs Debsxx

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wow, such stunning pages! I love the wispy grey stencilled background with those colourful autumnal leaves - gorgeous 😀. Thanks for the inspiration and Happy September! Hugs Jo x

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Such gorgeous leafy pages Evelyn, I really love them. Happy September, hugs xxx

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Placing the warm coloured leaves on the grey background is inspired! The leaves pop off the page beautifully, Evelyn! Hope you have a good September. x

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. This is so incredibly beautiful Evelyn! I love the moody grey with the pop of rusty leaves, amazing layers! xx, Autumn

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. absolutely beautiful Evelyn - a really gorgeous make - so much texture - fabulous! Hugs rachel x

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. This is so beautiful. Such a gorgeous page.

    AntwortenLöschen