Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Mittwoch, 1. März 2023

Sending Birthday Wishes!

Hello and happy March!

I can´t believe it - it´s March already, where did February go?

For the March challenge over at Country View Challenges the lovely Corrie is the host and she wants to see birthday cards for a man.

I made a little bit grungy card with a lot of new stamps and dies!


I started by colouring my background with Distress inks (walnut stain and salvage patina) with a brush, added some water drops and spritzed with a brush watered down walnut stain. Later I added some background stamping with my also new visible image stamps "Distressed Christmas" and "Background Vision" with the same Distress Inks.

I used my new purchased dies from Tim Holtz and cut out tiny tags and labels. I used some older papers from Tim Holtz.

For my focal point I used - well, also new - the butterflies from the stamp set "Watercolor CMS217" and coloured them with inktense colours and activated them with a waterbrush.

The labels were distressed with ground espresso DI and I added some eyelets. On top of the tiny tags I glued down some numbers I diecut and attached them to the labels with a string.

Underneath the labels I arranged some black thread, put some 3D tape down and glued the butterflies on top.

Finally I stamped the little sentiment with black Versafine Ink directly onto the card. I love this stamp, it is so small and pretty!


I attached the topper to a card - and that´s it!


Here are some close ups:








Now I hope you will find some time to make a card for our challenge, you can win a 20 £ voucher for the shop!

Thank you for your visit today and have a sunny March!

7 Kommentare:

  1. This is really beautiful Evelyn, who would have thought that grunge and pretty butterflies would look so well together! Take care and have a very happy March, Sue xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. What a fabulous card! Loving the grungy look and feel with those amazing 3D butterflies 😊. Wishing you a Happy March! Hugs, Jo x

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Stunning card, love the colours and textures. Anesha

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Stunning card - so much detail. Beautiful project!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Gorgeous card, Love everything about it!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Beautifully coloured butterflies in front of a great background! I love your card, Evelyn! Have a happy March! xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Love this card Evelyn ! Hope you had a lovely March ! xx

    AntwortenLöschen