Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Dienstag, 17. März 2020

Time To Fly

Hello friends, I hope you are all healthy and doing well in this crazy times!
Today I want to show you my second project for the March challenge at Country View challenges with the theme `The Eyes Have It´.
I made a square page (one more in a row).


When I was looking around at Pinterest, I stumbled over some pictures with faces, drawn on newspaper. I liked them very much and decided to give it a trial.
I started with a white square page and covered it with an old Bazzill Basics Paper called Antique Newsprint. I glued it down with Matte Medium.
Then I sketched the face with a black water soluble pencil, went over it with black ecoline ink, using a pen nip. then I took a brush with water and made the ink run a little bit. The iris of the eye I colored with some turquoise blue ink and watered it also. Some highlights I put there with a white posca pen.
After this I tore a napkin, took the top layer and glued it on the surface. 

The words are from a PaperArtsy stencil, I brushed Versafine Clair warm breeze through the stencil and surrounded the words with a black fineliner.

 Now I only had to color the edges with some ink and glue it on top of a black cardstock.

I am really happy with this page!
Here are some close ups: 



 That´s it for today. I hope, you will find some time to play with our challenge, you can win a 20 £ voucher to spend in the shop!

Thank you for your visit!

5 Kommentare:

  1. It's so effective Evelyn! The eye is fantastic and I love the addition of the napkin layer.
    Strange times indeed, take care. xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Habe ich so noch nie gesehen, sehr interessant.Gite Arbeit von dir finde ich:)Werde es nach meinem Urlaub Hotel Wilder Kaiser Scheffau direkt mal selbst probieren denke ich.LG Lexa

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. This is just wonderful Evelyn - so clever and beautiful, bravo! Take care and stay safe, Sue xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. The face you created is just beautiful, Evelyn - I love the effect of allowing the ink to run - very artsy and adding a melancholy touch. The blues and greys are really delicate and atmospheric too - it's a wonderful page.
    Alison x

    AntwortenLöschen