Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Dienstag, 9. Juni 2020

Smile

Hello and welcome to my second post for the Summer Fields challenge over at Country View Challenges!

This time I made a card with one of the cute Scribbly Small Birdies from Dina Wakley sitting in a summer field.


I first created the background with the wrinkle free distress technique from Tim Holtz.


While it dried, I stamped the little bird on white copy paper to create a mask. Then I pulled out my stamping platform and stamped the bird on my card. I stamped it several times to get a crisp, black image.


Next I painted in the body of the bird with white acrylic paint, to get a neutral background for my coloring. Then I stamped the bird on top again.













For the summer field I used 3 stampsets: Artemio (don´t find the name), Joy!crafts 6410/0017 and one stamp from the Creative Expressions Portraits Rubber Stamp Set. I stamped them in the same green tones I used for the background. The little bird I covered with the mask. I also added a butterfly, a tiny bee and an ant.
















The word "Smile" I stamped and heat embossed. The stampset is from 49 and Market and is called Gabi´s Word Stamp Set.


Now I used my Faber Castell Pastel Pencils to color in my little sparrow, the butterfly and a flower stem. 


Now I added a little wood flower and some scribbly lines. I inked the edges with DI peeled paint, matted it on black cardstock and adhered it on my card.


I like how it turned out and I hope you do so too!

In my first post I told you of my poppies I am awaiting to bloom - now they do! This year there are only two blossoms - but look! They are so gorgeous, aren´t they!


Now on to you! I hope you join in with our challenge, I look forward to seeing your creations!

Thank you for your visit and have a good week!

5 Kommentare:

  1. Card is beautiful. Thanks for tutorial.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. This is ADORABLE and I've learned a lot here today on how to create this look. I'm not much of a stamper, but this inspires me! Beautiful card - I LOVE it!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. This is darling, and so beautifully done! hugs, de

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Beautiful card, Evelyn! The little bird looks right at home in that field! x

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. This is really lovely Evelyn, so pretty and a great tutorial. Take care and have a very happy week, Sue xx

    AntwortenLöschen