Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Dienstag, 13. April 2021

Grungy Bee Card

 Hello all!

Today I want to share my second make for the "The Birds and the Bees" challenge theme at Country View Challenges.

I made a card with a grungy background.


For my background I used Distress Oxides frayed burlap, speckled egg and walnut stain and some distress ink peeled paint. I dabbed the inkpads on my craft mat, spritzed some water on top and swiped a precut, also slightly spritzed with water, Bristol paper through the paint. Then I dried the layer and dabbed in the paint again. I repeated it several times, until I was happy with the result.
I sprinkled some water on top for even more splatters.

Next I took a LaBlanche background stamp and stamped it with walnut stain DO all around the background. Then I spritzed some water on top to fade the stamp a little bit. It is hard to see and very subtile, which I really love.
Then I took the stamp #383, Scripted Hexagons, designed by Bipasha, from  AALL & Create and stamped it randomly to the background. I used DO walnut stain again.



Now I built up the scene. I stamped the flowers from the starburst set from Lavinia Stamps (you can find them here in the shop) with black Archival Ink and filled in the bubbles with a white gel pen.

The sentiment is an old one from my stash and says: Life is beautiful. I also stamped it with black Archival Ink and heat embossed it with Nuvo fine detail black embossing powder.

The bee is also a stamp from LaBlanche. I stamed it with Versafine Clair pinecone, colored it with watercolor, spreat some Wink of Stella clear over the wings, cut it out and gave it a little shape with a ball tool. Then I glued it down.

Last I stamped some leaves from a very old Artemio stamp set with black ink randomly around my card and glued my panel on top of a card.

I hope you feel inspired to make something with a bird or a bee as a main image for our challenge this month! You have plenty of time to make something pretty!
And as always you can win a 20 £ voucher for the shop.

Thank you for your visit!








4 Kommentare:

  1. Evelyn this is absolutely beautiful, you've made grungy look elegant! Take care and have a wonderful week, Sue xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Such a beautiful card! I love how you created the grungy background with the hexagons and the big bee is perfect 😁. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. The subdued colours and grungy feel is lovely, Evelyn. Great stamping work too, love it! x

    AntwortenLöschen