Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Samstag, 1. August 2020

Beside The Sea

Hello and happy weekend!

Today I want to share with you my first project for the August challenge at Country View Challenges. This month the theme is "I Do Like To Be At The Seaside", hosted by the lovely Christine aka Craftyfield.

I pulled out my beachy stamp set from Creative Expressions (you can find it in the shop) and made a fun summer card!


This is what I did:

 
I took some stuff and went outside to my terrace, it´s very warm and sunny here, and started with my background paper. I cut it to size and distressed the edges. Then I took some DI vintage photo and made a aged border.

From the stampset "Beside The Seaside" I used first the fishnet stamps and stamped them randomly to the edges with VersaFine Clair Pinecone.

With the help of my stamping platform I stamped the image and the words onto white Bristol paper. I used VersaFine Clair pinecone and nocturne.

After I cut out the image and the words I colored the picture with my FaberCastell Polycromos. First I took several skin tones (I didn´t forget to use some red, you always can find British people at the beach because of their red skin *lol* - sorry friend, I couldn´t resist 😉😋)

Look, what a fun picture this is! I love that stamp!

Now I took some paper, a netting, some corrugated cardboard and arranged everything to a vocal point.

I glued all down and decorated with some flowers, seashells I found somewhen on a beach, glued down the words and added a few perfect pearls in glitter blue.

Here are some close ups:




Oh, I really would like to go to the sea! Not this year, but hopefully next year.

Now it´s your turn to make something for our challenge!

Thank you for your visit today and have a sunny August!

8 Kommentare:

  1. Such a gorgeous vintage card Evelyn, let's hope next year we can all visit the seaside again. Happy August xxx

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I absolutely love this Evelyn, perfect stamping and layering. Take care and have a very happy week, Sue xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Ohh Evelyn... that Creative Expression stamp set had escaped my attention!!! Now of course I want it, it has lovely nets and photographic images, Vintage style too... I love the way you layered your images with shells and flowers, brilliant all around!
    Have a great Sunday! x

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Wonderful Evelyn - this is just perfect - love your vintage image! Hugs rachel x

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Such a lovely card Evelyn ! Have a happy month !
    Corrie x

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Fabulous card, Evelyn!!! I love the stamped image and the layers!!! Happy August!!! xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. What a super creation, i've never seen that stamp set before how fab. Love the vintage tone and so many lovely layers. A delightful and inspiring seaside creation, thanks for sharing x

    AntwortenLöschen