Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Samstag, 1. Januar 2022

Happy New Year - Let It Sparkle and Shine!

 Happy New Year everyone!

2022 - wow, where time has gone!

The first challenge of the year at Country View Challenges, which is called "A Year to Sparkle and Shine", is hosted by my teamy Jo. She says:

 We would like to see LOTS of sparkle and shine on your projects, no "token" gems or sequins please; you really need to sprinkle that sparkle! This means that you can use lots of different sparkly and shiny products (like metallics, sparkly embossing powders, glitters, lustres, foil, glazes, mirror cardstock, mica sprays or paints etc) as part of your designs.

I look forward to seeing what you make and you never know, you might even win a £20 voucher for the shop! Before you enter your project though, please read the Rules!

I made an art journal page with a lot of glitter and shine.


And this is what I did:

I started by lightly coloring my pages with very watery pearl watercolors in blue-green and silver. I spreat it over the pages with a paintbrush. After it was dry, I added some splatters in the same colours.

Look at that gorgeous shimmer!


Next I did some randomly stamping with a stamp from Art by Marlene (you can find a lot of Art by Marlene here in the shop!) with VersaFine Clair Morning Mist.


Next I stamped the little stars from the Rubber Dance Merry Magpie stamp set with a glue stamp pad onto my pages and sprinkled silver fine glitter on them. It´s beautifully glittery!


Now I took a double sided adhesive foil in black, drew a moon shape and cut it out.

I pulled off the foil on one side and sprinkled different glitter, from super fine to gritty in silver and black onto the moon.

And look! Wow! Such a gorgeous twinkling moon!

I adhered the moon to my page, put a paper doll on it and drew a fishing rod. On it´s string is hanging a quote from Eleanor Roosewelt, a stamp from PaperArtsy.
Then I only did some shading and some doodling with a white Posca Pen, stamped here and there lightly the word dream and - that´s it!

Here are some close ups:






I hope you like my page and feel inspired to join in our challenge!
Happy New Year again and thank you for your visit!












7 Kommentare:

  1. Fantastic journal spread ! Happy New Year ! x

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I love this Journal page - its so beautiful Evelyn - great techniques too! Happy new year! Hugs rachel x

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Wow I love your glittery moon! Fab page Evelyn.
    Happy New Year! x

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. This is gorgeous Evelyn, I love your twinkly moon! Take care and have a very happy 2022, Sue xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Your created beautifully shiny pages for the moon which is magical with those glitters!!! I love your hand- drawn fishing rod with the quote at the end!!! Have a happy and healthy new year!!! xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. This is wonderful - what a beautiful and sparkly spread.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Wow, I love your sparkly journal page! You created so much shine and shimmer on the background and the sparkling moon of glitter is amazing too 😀. Thanks for all the sparkle and shine inspiration and wishing you a Happy New Year! Hugs Jo x

    AntwortenLöschen