Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Mittwoch, 5. Januar 2022

Love Forever - Art Journal Page

Hello, hello!

For my second project for the Sparkle and Shine Challenge over at Country View Challenges I decided to make another art journal page, but this time for my square journal (15cm x 15cm). I already have some pages made and after another 4 or 5 pages I will bind all pages together - a little goal for 2022.


For my page I used watercolour paper as base for all my mixed media layers. And this is what I did:


I cut my watercolour paper to size and used scraps from the pages of an old book. I adhered it with collage medium (you can find it in the shop here).
this is what I got.


To tone it down a bit, I painted the page with white Gesso (you can buy a lot of finnabair products in the shop here)

For the background colour I used tea this time! I only dabbed the teabag several times over the page and dried it with my heat tool. I repeated the process until I was happy with the result. To seal it, I carefully went over it with collage medium.


Now it was timer for some texture. I used a Memory Box stencil and spreat glittery DeLuxe Paste in two different colours randomly over the page.





When the paste was dry, I did some gilding with glue and gold foil. For more golden accents I used decoArt Extreme Sheen acrylic paint 24k gold for the edges of all paper layers - only delicate, but still visible.
I also distressed the edges with DI ground espresso and black soot.
My focal point is a sticker from finnabair´s photobooth. I layered it on different colored cardstock. The biggest one I punched at one edge with a EK punch from my stash.

I put everything together with double sided foam tape. For more vintage style I used some lace from my stash.
Last I grabed my home made flowers, the tiny ones with a shimmery pearl in the center, and added them to the page.



The final step was to glue down some word, again stickers from finnabair.
Here are some close ups:





I hope I could inspire you to join in with our challenge, it´s easy to add shine and shimmer to your work! Don´t forget to read the rules - you can win a 20 £ voucher for the shop!

Thank you for your visit today!









4 Kommentare:

  1. Evelyn this is beautiful, and I loved seeing how it all came together! Take care and have a very happy week, Sue xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wow, what a beautiful journal page! I love the sparkle from the glittery paste and all the shiny gold accents - so amazing 😀. Thanks so much for the tutorial too, such fabulous sparkle and shine inspiration! Hugs Jo x

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. This could be such a good scrapbook page (I have a not yet finished album with old photos in progress...). I love the textures and the rich but distressed golds. Fab make, Evelyn!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Fabulous layout and loved reading the step by steps. The stencilling and the glitter paste looks wonderful and thank you for the inspiration x.

    AntwortenLöschen