Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Donnerstag, 1. September 2022

Serenity

Hello and welcome to September!

For the new challenge at Country View Challenges, called Seasons of mists and mellow fruitfulness, hosted by Debs, I made a page in my art journal.

The theme for the challenge wants us to make something about the late summer days, late fruits and the look at the soon coming autumn.
So I made a scene with pale sun and morning mist.

I prepared my pages with some scraps of old book pages and glued them down with matte medium.



To tone it down, I used white Gesso. Then did some background stamping with a clock face and painted the sun with acrylic paint.

The plants in the foreground are a stamp from Lavinia (you can find a lot of lovely Lavinia stamps in the shop!). I stamped with Archival ink watering can and yet black.


I added more plants and a silhouette of a city to the pages, also a little butterfly. These stamps are from different stamp sets from Creative Expressions, you can find a lot of them in the shop to!


When I was ready with stamping, I took my Faber Castell Polychromos colour pencils and added some color. Not to much, only a hint for interest.


Now lastly the mist came in in form of white acrylic paint, rolled down with a brayer.

Then I stamped the word Serenity to the right bottom side and that´s it.




The page is very airy and subtile, different I guess, but I like it.

Now it´s your turn, I hope to see something beautiful from you when you join in with our challenge!

Thank you for your visit today and have a wonderful September!





 

6 Kommentare:

  1. Fab pages Evelyn! Have a happy September ! xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. beautiful work Evelyn - really lovely! Big hugs rachel x

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Love how you created the mist effect Evelyn! Have a great September. x

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Fabulous pages, Evelyn!!! You captured exactly the pale sun and the morning mist!!! Have a happy September!!! xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. What gorgeous pages! You created such an ethereal look to your pages and I love the misty morning scene with those beautiful flowers - amazing 😊. Apologies for my lateness in visiting, life's been a bit hectic so I'm just catching up now. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration and Happy September! Hugs Jo x

    AntwortenLöschen