Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Samstag, 9. Januar 2021

DIY Storage Boxes

 Hello everyone, nice to see you here!

This is my second project for the January challenge "Squares" at Country View Challenges. Well, it is a little bit out of the box, because there are no squares on my project, but it is made of a lot of squares!



I want to reorganize my craft room a little bit, and first I wanted to make this corner in my little room look a little bit tidy and more organized.

 
Unfortunately my custom made shelves have a difficult measure, so I decided to make fitting boxes out of cardboard from boxes I found at the supermarket =)

I started to draw all parts on the cardboard and cut them out with a kraft knife - as you can see all parts are squares ;o)


Next I glued everything together with hot glue.

Here it is! But of course it doesn´t look pretty now.

So I went through my paperstash and grabed some very old design papers, they must be from 2012 I guess, cut it to size....

and glued it on top of my box. I used a gluestick and some liquid glue.

When everything was dry, I went around the edges with Archival ink in potted soil and coffee...

and highlighted them with gold wax.

I poked a hole into the middle of the lid and screwed the handle to it. To the front of the box I glued another handle so that I can slide it out of the shelf easily.



I made a second box in the same way and look. I hope you like it!




I put the boxes on my shelves - and I love how they look!


I hope you liked my boxes as much as I do and feel inspired to make something with squares for the challenge too! As you know, you can win a 20£ voucher for the shop.

Thank you for the visit and have a wonderful weekend!

5 Kommentare:

  1. Beautiful job, Evelyn - they look fabulous and are the perfect touch for your shelves. XOX

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Evelyn these are fabulous! So clever and beautiful too, they look wonderful on your shelves. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I love to make items from pieces of cardboard but I tend to use material on mine. I have just made a small box for a friend but can't show on my blog yet as not received by her. I love your boxes that you have made for your unit. They look perfect. I like shabby chic looking items. hugs Mrs a.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Wow, what a beautiful transformation! I enjoyed seeing how it was created too and I'm loving the vintage style 😁. Happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. What a lovely box Evelyn, and not wonky either... I too need some storage boxes for my craft stash too but I don't know if can build them straight though! x

    AntwortenLöschen